Michael Fraser's Profile

Michael Fraser
Date of Birth:8 October 1983
Age:34 Years
Previous Club:Motherwell FC
Joined In:October 2010
Debut with Club:29 October 2010 [vs. Hamrun Spartans FC]

Career Statistics
Team Season Played Started Substitute Yellow Cards Red Cards Goals Man of the Match
Senior 2010-2011 15 15 0 0 0 0 0
Total 15 15 0 0 0 0 0

Michael Fraser was born on 8 October 1983 in Drumnadrochit, Scotland and he is the latest recruit to join "The Stripes" in October 2010.

Fraser is a professional Scottish goalkeeper who played in the Scottish Premier League for the last seven years before joining the Maltese reigning champions, Birkirkara F.C.

In 2002, Michael who was just 19 years old at the time, joined the Scottish side Inverness Caledonian Thistle where he had made no less than 73 appearances in the seven years he spent with this club.

Seven years later, Fraser decided to leave this club and on 19 January 2009 he joined another Scottish Premier League side, Motherwell F.C.. He did not have a very successful experience as he was on the bench for the majority of the matches before being released by the same club as he did not feature in their plans. With Motherwell, he only had 8 appearances.

In the 2010 Summer Transfer Market, Birkirkara had changed both goalkeepers. Jorge Mora was released by the club and Omar Borg was loaned out to Hamrun Spartans. They were replaced by Italo-Brazilian goalkeeper, Esequiel Lovizon and Manuel Bartolo, on loan for one season from Msida SJ.

Unfortunately enough, in the first Premier League Match of 2010, after just seven minutes of play, Esequiel Lovizon had to be replaced as he suffered a broken arm.

This injury prompted the Birkirkara FC Technical Team to engage another goalkeeper, as they could not rely on having just one fit goalkeeper. The choice fell on Michael Fraser.

Michael's first training session with Birkirkara was on Wednesday 22nd September 2010. His first appearance with the shirt of "The Stripes" was in a friendly match against Pieta Hotspurs which was played at the St. Aloysius Training Ground. Birkirkara beat the 1st Division side 1-0 score and Fraser played the whole match.

His second appearance arrived in a Friendly Tournament, on 8 October 2010. The other participants were the organisers Hamrun Spartans, and Tarxien Rainbows. Matches were of 45 minutes each. Michael Fraser played the first whole match against Tarxien Rainbows and was substituted in the last twenty minutes of the second match against Hamrun Spartans.

These two appearances, besides the training sessions, were enough to impress Mr. Paul Zammit and the technical staff, and on 11 October he was registered by Birkirkara F.C. till the end of the season.

The 2010-2011 season was not a positive one for Birkirkara as ‘The Stripes' had several disappointing performances and finished in the third place. In this season the Scottish goalkeeper made 15 appearances and in these he managed to register five clean sheets. On a different and negative note, in the last phase of the season Michael Fraser was injured and this left him ruled out of play for no less than 10 weeks. He returned in the last match of the season against Floriana when the latter defeated and eliminated ‘The Stripes' from the U*BET FA Trophy with a score of 2-1.

A few days after the season ended the Birkirkara FC committee decided to release the Scottish goalkeeper.

McDonald's Eurosport Adidas Meat Point MSV Powerade